Wagon Trains West

Wagon Trains West

Monday, January 16, 2012

Genealogy Journey

In 2004 I began my journey in quest of my family history. I've learned that genealogy is a never-ending journey, much like a continuous puzzle. There are always more pieces out there to find, more bits of interesting information and more lost cousins to find and add to the mix. I owe my interest in gennealogy to my brother Wayne who first began to search for our family's story when he received a phone call from a distant cousin whom he had never heard of. The cousin was asking about the place and time of death of our great great grandfather Thomas Pounds, Civil War Veteran. That was over 20 years ago and we are still trying to answer that question. Although we have been able to put many pieces of the puzzle of Thomas's life together, we have never been able to find the piece that reveals exactly when and where he died. Meanwhile we have built a very large Pounds family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment